Topic: phonics
View Single Post
May 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Reilly&DeclansMom and I mentioned the Ordinary Parents' Guide in our posts She likes it, I don't. I tried to use it with Ani for higher level phonics and it bored her to death. Then again, this is also the child who completed First Language Lessons, in it's entirety, in 3 months and still remembers everything. The repitition of OPG was awful for her. For Cameron, it was also a major flop, so we've just given up on it completely and sold it a few months ago. It made no sense to Cameron and the memorization was extremely frustrating to him and he saw no point for it. Using it made him decide he just may never actually want to learn to read, it was that awful for him.[/b]
Uhm interesting. I think I need to find out first how my daughter Emily learns. I don't think I have ever figured out which way she picks up on things. Other than the obvious...observation, any ideas??
Thanks too for your reply. I am still new at all of this HS, so sometimes many posts throw me off. Sorry if I hadn't connected your OPG to the other.