View Single Post
May 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~~~Sue~~~
ok, My family says more power to me and they are really glad i have the oppertunity to correct the wrong in my child's life with the p/s system. However my father made a good point today and i was wondering what you guys thought of it. He said in some of his research he has found many hs end up leaving college due to the fact they dont really know how to really deal with the teachers. they are so accustome to their parent (usually mother) way of doing things and know what to expect and stuff they just are shocked when having to deal with a teacher who may not be the same way... he suggested when she hits jr.high, high school level to have others besides myself teach her so she experiences other "teacher" and teacher ways...

At first i was upset thinking he was not on my side but after thinking about it he had good intentions and like i said he does agree i have done the right thing but wants to make sure we cont. to do the right thing for her future college and stuff... any way have any of you heard or thought about this idea? I guess a well rounded child is what we are all thriving for which to me would include putting up with people we may not like, or agree with but knowing how to function anyway... does that make sence? I sort of agree with him but i will worry about that later she is only in 3rd grade but wanted to hear some of your thoughts!
sue