View Single Post
May 25th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to dmiley
I had my tubes tied in December after having my 3rd child. I contemplated the decision my whole entire pregnancy. I actually decided the day of my c/s when the nurse came in to do my lab work and was asking me the normal questions. When my DR came in to council me (standard procedure) on the decision she said to me...now if we tie your tubes and god forbid something bad happen to one of your children do you think that you would want to have another child to replace the child you lost. My thoughts are another child would never replace a child that I have lost. Sure, another baby may fill that void but never replace a child. That helped me make my decision in some weird way.

My husband and I originally talked about only having 2 kids then after my 2nd daughter was born and turned 1 I realized something was missing so he agreed to one more child and he said that was final and he was done!! My husband offered to get a V. I was actually going to let him do it but then I decided since I was already going to be cut wide open and they were already in there that I might as well get it done. Yeah, there are times I sit and think especially while holding the baby that I say to myself, well, this will be the last time I will experience this or when I am going through clothes that don't fit or getting rid of baby things I will no longer need. It is definitely weird not having to store baby stuff anymore. I am so use to it. I have caught myself just putting stuff in the closet. I told myself and my husband agreed that if we are older and we decide that we do want another child there is always adoption. There are so many children out there who need a home.

I have had no side affects to the tubal and no extra pain from it. It is a decision I made bcz I get pregnant so easily. B/c just would not have worked for me. I forget way to easily. Shoot, I am the type who has to set the timer on the stove or I foget I have something on there. LOL

My suggestion is search deep into yourself to find the answer if this is something you truly want to do. It is a permanent thing and really only you can decide what you want to do.

Married to the love of my life since February 6th, 1999.
Kayleigh 5-23-03
Makenna 2-23-03
Emma 12-5-06