Topic: Question
View Single Post
May 31st, 2007, 02:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the homeschooling board.

I am Jo, my daughter Sarah is 5 1/2 and my son Daniel is 2 1/2.
It sounds like you have already started. Homeschooling is often more of a lifestyle and I think it is fair to say many of us see it as starting at birth and then it evolves into something more structured slowly as it seems to fit. Some people never get structured at all. That is unschooling. Follow her lead as regard to structure. All kids are different. Some kids are begging for sit down work and workbooks by 3, others never care for that type of learning at all.

The best thing to do is to involve her in what you are doing such as dusting or sorting washing. Read to her, provide open ended toys that involve the imagination. Also things to promote fine and gross motor development. (lol can you tell I worked in pre-school ) So lots of craft type items like playdough, paint, crayons, large cotton reels to thread, and chunky Duplo blocks. Also puzzles for eye hand co-ordination. Things for gross or large body control such as a trampoline, slide, swing, balls to kick etc. Nothing better then having room to play and explore in a safe backyard with some dirt and water.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."