View Single Post
June 5th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Quote:
I had my first two in a freestanding birth center and this last one at home. I would choose home over a birth center ANY DAY!!! I had misgivings initially but I am SOOO happy I chose to do this at home this time around. It was WONDERFUL. Of course, having an awesome ND/Midwife attending made it especially great. My children were there along with my husband (of course) and my mother. It was super all around. The things I thought would be distractions...like cleaning house, the children, etc etc etc actually ended up being strong points to the whole process...and pleasant diversions...not irritating distractions. If we have any more (hopefully) it will definitely be at home.[/b]
I am so glad to hear someone say this! I felt the same way after my birth center birth: I would MUCH rather have had the option for a homebirth. So many people/clients say to me "I can't imagine having a home birth, but I might be okay with a birth center." I hope/plan to open a birth center one day, but my secret hope that that a baby is never born in that building because all of the mamas decide to switch to home .

Your baby is so new and sweet! I love your pictures!!