Topic: New Here
View Single Post
June 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello all! I am not entirely new to JM, I have been hanging out mostly in my DDC. Anyway, I am high risk for a variety of reasons. First, I have chronic hypertension, although it's unmedicated because I wasn't diagnosed with it until the very start of this pregnancy. Also, I had some issues with placental breakdown in a previous pregnancy that resulted in IUGR in my son, Jonathan (who, btw, is now a very happy and healthy 4 year-old). I was originally referred to a perinatalogist because of an error in my chart, some doctor along the way wrote down that I am diabetic, which I am not, but I am staying with the perinatalogist anyway.

I found out yesterday that I have Parvovirus B19, also known as Fifths Disease. Right now we don't know if I developed the infection prior to the pregnancy or not. If I had it before I got pregnant then there is no cause for concern, however if it is a new infection it increases my risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. Is there anyone else around here who has had Parvovirus during a pregnancy? I won't find out until next week if it's a new infection, so of course I'm freaking out.

I'm married to Jon and besides our son we also have two pet rabbits that share our home. I work as a directory assistance operator, although I've been at home for the last eight weeks trying to control hyperemesis gravardium and my blood pressure without a ton of medication. I've actually had some success with this. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and hope for happy and healthy pregnancies for all.