View Single Post
June 11th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Hemmorage-- that is extra bleeding? How much qualifies? I was bleeding enough after my natural hospital birth that they ended up giving me something for it....[/b]
2 cups is considered hemmoraging, but remember that blood spread out can look like A LOT more than it is. My mw had me taking alfalfa tablets for the month before the birth because it naturally raises your vit K levels and reduces bleeding. I'm sure there were other factors involved, but the mw called mine "an almost bloodless childbirth" which she had rarely seen. It certainly wouldn't hurt to take alfalfa as a preventative for blood loss.

I would only go to the hosp for a life-threatening complication such as prolapsed cord, hemorrhaging, etc. I would feel comfortable being hours from the hospital because those complications are rare. But I'm also a believer that a woman needs to labor where she is comfortable. If you're not comfortable being so far away, maybe there is a friend's house you could go to? Just a thought. I have a friend who went to her sister's house to birth because the midwife wouldn't travel all the way to my friend's house.

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-