Topic: Ultrasounds
View Single Post
June 11th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I ask because I talked with my mom last night and though she didn't mean to, she kinda shook my confidence. My mw does not recommend ultrasound w/o a medical indication, but she would refer me to a homebirth-friendly doc if I asked her to. We couldn't likely get insurance to pay for it, so the few hundred dollars it might cost out of pocket is definitely prohibitive. Still, Mom didn't come out and say it, but we don't know what happened to cause us to loose our daughter at nearly full term. So while there's no reason to think an ultrasound would have changed anything, there's no way to rule out the possibility. I'm just not sure if I am being smart about it or not.

Robert: 19 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 18 months!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!