View Single Post
June 16th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I second what the other ladies said.

You have to keep in mind that you have the stats on your side or in your favor when you homebirth with a healthy pregnancy and baby. Even if something strange is going on that isn't quite normal...I have seen the woman's body labor and birth in a very different way to accommodate for whatever it is. It is a very NEAT thing to see the mom and baby work together naturally when they don't have all that crap to go up against or to change it.

98% of women can expect a wonderful homebirth. This does not mean that "normal" deviations will not happen. But they are normal and can be helped.

When you step into the hospital....just the very act of being there changes it (labor). And your hormones start acting all wacky and things veer in a new direction. Add on to that medications and synthetic hormones in strange doses not found in nature and you have set the stage for trouble. Your small chance or something happening has now increased.

Birth is a very finicky thing. It wants to do what it should and it will...if it has the chance.