View Single Post
June 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Heather the Mama Duk
Quote:
Just for what it's worth, for some reason those 4th babies don't always come faster. My third shot out in 2 hours, so naturally I was a little nervous about the midwife getting here in time with our 4th. He took his sweet time. 11 hours. My midwife said that's very, very common. Definitely, prepare for the worst, but keep in mind that your pattern of acceleration may not continue this time, LOL! Each of my labours was half of what the previous one was, until #4. 12 hours, 6 hours, 2.5 hours, then 11 hours.[/b]
So true... actually any baby can be "different". My midwife kept telling me that and that I shouldn't have expectations based on my history. My first was 7 days late and 84 hour labor. My second was 5 days late and 2 1/2 hour labor. My third was 10 days late and 10 hour labor. You just never know. My midwife lived about 20 minutes away in normal traffic, up to an hour in bad traffic (DC area has VERY bad traffic). Since I went in to labor in the middle of the night and called her at around 3 or 4 am she was there very quickly - no traffic. I've moved and now she's about 40 minutes away in good traffic and up to 2 hours in bad traffic. I'll still use her next time. It all boils down to comfort level.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside