View Single Post
June 18th, 2007, 11:52 AM
What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
If you just meant whether or not they have the right to discuss abortion, of course they should be able to have an opinion! If not, then I guess anyone who eats meat can't have an opinion about hunting; anyone who's not a politician or highly educated on world matters shouldn't vote, etc.

When it comes down to the sticking point of abortion or not - in an ideal world I'd love to see the father just as involved in the process as the woman.

I think in a situation where the father CAN and WILL be involved, his feelings should be considered. Everyone was yelling at Smashley in the Father's Day post in the Heated section, because she said a mother was more important, or at least had more work. Isn't it a double standard to say that his opinion shouldn't be valid before the baby's born or aborted, just because he's not carrying the baby in his body; but then to say he should be held to equal reverence after the baby's born? In most cases, the father's the one who supports the mom if she's on bedrest, if she chooses not to work when she's pregnant, etc. I think it's unfair to say he's only equal in one case and not the other; don't pregnant women celebrate Mother's Day, too?

In a situation where the father WILL NOT be present, obviously the mother's opinion and wants takes precedence.