View Single Post
June 18th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Isn't it a double standard to say that his opinion shouldn't be valid before the baby's born or aborted, just because he's not carrying the baby in his body; but then to say he should be held to equal reverence after the baby's born?[/b]
ITA.
I find it very hypocritical that women demand paternity tests to get child support, fight to the death to have the fathers involved (at least economically) with the children, but when it comes to choosing abortion they dismiss them as non-existent.

Quote:
We have to have our husbands permission to get our tubes tied? I will agree with you that there is a pretty big double standard there.[/b]
I don't know if there's a double standard or not. Does it mean that legally you need your husband's permission? Does he need your permission to get a vasectomy?
I'd never dream of getting a tubal ligation without taking my husband's opinion into account, but I've never heard that he has to legally agree to that. I had the idea that, as an adult, I can have any medical procedure I want without the need of someone esle's permission unless I'm unfit to make such a decision.

Sharon