View Single Post
June 25th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
That is absolutely heartbreaking what those women have endured at his hands [/b]

It is. It is truely sad. Life happens and I know what it is like to have a "authority" figure tell you something is going to happen to your baby soon and you need to be induced or c/s. I will never be that naiev (spelling?) again. I try to tell other women my story so that they don't have to go thru what I went thru. It was a normal day for the DRs and nurses that day (3 days), but it traumatized me and inhibited me from bonding and loving my child.

I just don't understand sometimes.
[/b]
It drives me nuts that nearly everyone doesn't understand what kind of hell your body goes through with a c-section. As far as surgeries go I guess it's not bad, but it's still major surgery, people!!

That doctor makes me sick..

Quote:
That was probably the only issue I stood my ground on with ds; I refused to be induced early. I made it to 42.5 weeks, and I can honestly say that it really isn't that bad once you get past that initial dissapointment of being "overdue." I mean sure, I was huge, uncomfortable, wearing dh's underwear and my belly was hanging down to my knee caps...but I honestly never had that "sick of being pregnant" feeling.[/b]
lol! I felt the same way. The only reason the last 3 weeks of my pg were miserable was because I was fighting my stupid doctor over the induction! Sure I was huge and couldn't sleep, but that's part of it and you just have to accept it. I was so sick and tired of everyone asking me if I'd had the baby yet, why I didn't want to get induced, etc.

Oh, and my daughter was almost two weeks "overdue" and only weighed 7'5. Can you imagine if I'd been induced at 39 weeks?? Calculate 1/2 lb for about 3 weeks and she'd be 5-something and probably in the nicu.

I love it in here, btw!