View Single Post
June 25th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hi there,
I had an amino done so I thought that I would give you my experience. If you feel as though you want to know for sure you should get it done. It takes about 1-2 minutes. It hurts a little. Kind of feels like mild period cramps. Once the needle is out of your belly , the pain went away. I had no complications. Just take it easy for a couple of days if you get it done. I had a baby with Triploid syndrom so I did have a + maternal serum test. But during the waiting period, i was on all kinds of message boards andthere are sooooo many false positives with those tests, try to remember that the odds are in your favor right now. One step at a time. if you have an questions, feel free to PM me anytime. I promised myself that when I went through this horrific experience I would do what ever it took to help other women or at least answer questions.
I am praying for you and your son. I am sure hes just fine[/b]
THANK YOU! Your post made me teary!

I also have other good news! I got my appointment moved up to THIS friday instead of July 5.
They said bed rest the day of and light activity for 2 days, that will be easy enough since it's the weekend!
I am so glad you didn't have any complications and will hope for the same. The Dr. doing the amnio is great.
I guess we still want an amnio, but it will also depend what the genetic counselor and ultrasound say...

I actually expect the amnio procedure to hurt a LOT, but I can deal with it.
You have helped me a lot just by telling me your story, thank you. I am so sorry to hear about baby with Triploid syndrom.

- Sara