View Single Post
June 29th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hi there. I am 28 weeks pregnant with total placenta previa. I have not had any bleeding yet (luckily) which surprises my doctor. My doctor is recommending I get 2 steroid shots to develop the baby's lungs in case I start to bleed or begin preterm labor. I am concerned about giving this baby anything "un-natural" unless necessary - bleeding or preterm labor, however from what I've read the benefits are supposed to outweigh the negatives. Has anyone been in this situation or similiar situation that could give me some advice? Thanks so much !!![/b]
I got the shots two weeks ago. I'm 26 weeks pregnant now. I have a low lying placenta and a small hemtoma right at the edge of the placenta and I'm a bleeder so it was important for me. Course, I'm a gushing bleeder and I've had three bleeds since 16 weeks. I think it you aren't bleeding, why get it? I will tell you though that if you do decide to get it, it's no big deal. My baby seems okay and there were no side effects for me.
Quote:
Hi there. I am 28 weeks pregnant with total placenta previa. I have not had any bleeding yet (luckily) which surprises my doctor. My doctor is recommending I get 2 steroid shots to develop the baby's lungs in case I start to bleed or begin preterm labor. I am concerned about giving this baby anything "un-natural" unless necessary - bleeding or preterm labor, however from what I've read the benefits are supposed to outweigh the negatives. Has anyone been in this situation or similiar situation that could give me some advice? Thanks so much !!![/b]
I got the shots two weeks ago. I'm 26 weeks pregnant now. I have a low lying placenta and a small hemtoma right at the edge of the placenta and I'm a bleeder so it was important for me. Course, I'm a gushing bleeder and I've had three bleeds since 16 weeks. I think it you aren't bleeding, why get it? I will tell you though that if you do decide to get it, it's no big deal. My baby seems okay and there were no side effects for me.