View Single Post
August 29th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Super Mommy
Posted this in another thread, but I really need an answer, Ross is cutting down on milk, but I don't want him to cut down too quickly, I have only been giving him small amounts of veg and baby rice although he would take more. How much is the right amount? the books say that he will turn his head away when he has had enough, but I don't want to give him that much as I know he would full himself up with puree pear and baby rice (also, carrot, sweet potato and parsnip).

He is happily taking plain boiled water from a non-spill beaker (Avent) and also feeding himself if I give him a loaded spoon. He also managed to suck at a rusk for a while this afternoon (I hoped it would make him thirsty - I'm not sure it did).

I'm not pushing him to do too much too soon. He is over 20lb and showing all the signs of wanting solids, frequent feeds, night wakenings, watching us eat (like a starved person). Also he started refusing a normal bottle at 3 mths so is now on a sippy cup and reached out for the spoon almost straight away - he's had Gaviscon from a spoon for reflux since he was 6 weeks old so he's a pro now.

Eaten today:

b/f at 3am
b/f at 6am
b/f at 10am
10:30am
2 ice cube cubes of puree apple

Small b/f at 1pm
2pm:
2 ice cube cubes of puree sweet potato
1 ice cube cubes of puree parsnip
small piece of rusk - eaten whole

small b/f at 4:30pm
6pm
baby rice: 4x5ml baby rice with 90ml formula milk plus 2 ice cube cubes of puree pear

That was max baby rice and pear, but he would have easily taken more apple this morning and sweet potato and parsnip earlier.

He will have another b/f in an hour or so, sleep till 11pm for his last feed then we start again tomorrow. He's going to be a big boy !!