View Single Post
July 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
There was a story a few months back posted either here, the natural childbirth board or labor and childbirth board... anyway, it was about a woman who was having a homebirth but wanted to be checked at the hospital (she lived really close) and then wanted to return home. Well one of the doctors ended up insisting she needed help but she left anyway. A police officer showed up at her door with a court order, took her into custody and then took her to the hospital for a forced c/s where they put her to sleep to do it. Stories like that are what worry me most about situations like yours. That poor woman was completely helpless and forced into a c/s against her will all because she just went to the hospital to get checked. If I were in your situation (and I know Im not, so these are just my thoughts ), I would be so scared of being forced into something even after protesting and fighting (it would be awful to have to fight for your wishes in the midst of labor anyway) like the woman in the story. That is the big reason I went with a homebirth for myself even without the VBAC issues you are facing. I feel for you! I know it has to be tough in your situation and I hope you get the birth you want!

</MARQUEE>