View Single Post
July 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Once you have completed your siggy and have all of the layers included go to Windows>Animation. You'll see the animation window pop up and your PS should looks similar to this.

You'll notice in the animation window that there is one frame. I have already set the time to 1 sec. To change that click on the arrow at the bottom of the frame. I usually keep mine set to 1 sec., though.

Now, go to your layer's palette and make the layers that you don't want to be shown in the first frame invisible. You can see how I've done it here, but clicking on the little eye next to the layers.

The next step is to create a new frame. Do that by clicking once on the button that I have circled below.

Now, go back to your layers palette and make the layers that you want on that frame visible and the ones that you don't want invisible.

Okay, now you're ready to do the tweening.

Go back to your animation palette and click on your first frame. Then click on the tween icon. I've circled it below. (ignore the fact that I have my second frame selected in this image, you need to select your first frame).

Now the tween menu will pop up and look like this:

You want the Tween with to be the next frame until you get to your last frame. I play around with the settings here a lot, but it usually depends on how many layers I have. Most commonly I set the Frames to Add to 3, and I usually leave the other boxes the same.

You'll see that it automatically added three frames to my animation and if you click on each one you can see the transition. I usually adjust the time of the three tween frames to 0.5 sec.

Now click on your next frame (not the tween frames, but the next one you want to add the tween effect to. In this case, it will be the last frame) and then click the tween button again. Make sure if this is your last frame, as in this case that you change the Tween With to the First Frame.

To test your settings, click the play button.