What do you get...
View Single Post
July 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
...when you add a mother in law who loves to buy things
loves to de-clutter her house all the time with a bibliophile daughter in law?
Old Man has a brother who just recently turned 12 and has outgrown most of the books on his shelves. We went over for dinner the other night and came home with a few bags full of great books. I'm in absolute heaven...now I just have to buy a new bookshelf and we'll be all set..lol! Here's what we came home with!
- A 6 Kingfisher 6 book set of books titled "Learning Adventure Library"
- A 30 book set of general knowledge for kids type books from Raintree Publishers. These are from when Old Man was a kid so a few may be a little outdated but the pictures are gorgeous and best of all..the reading level on them is right about where String is now so he'll be able to read them independently!
- 10 Abeka 2nd grade readers (love these!)
- Abeka's Primary Bible reader
- Usborne's Internet linked Encyclopedia of Planet Earth
- 7 Magic Treehouse books
- A box set of 8 Magic School Bus chapter books
- A 5 book set of books called "Trailblazers"
- A nice hardcover boxset of E.B. White books (Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, Trumpet of the Swan)
- Some assorted fiction:
- The Tree House Mystery
- Whistle Stop West
- Ralph S. Mouse
- Ramona the Pest
- Runaway Ralph
- The Year of the Panda
What..now you didn't think you were going to escape this post without a picture did you?
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Homeschooling Mom to Sam (3-21-02)
My Photography Website
My Blog - Pollywog in a Blog
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Stellaluna