View Single Post
July 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the above poster. For me though I decided to start working from home. I was working 40 hours a week plus commuting 1 1/2 hours per day. Being gone 10 hours a day, only getting paid for 8, and seeing Brandon 2-3 started stinking. I would see him from 6-7 (kind of), but while I was "seeing" him, he was eating b-fast and I was getting ready for work (drying hair, putting on make up, getting dressed, etc), I would get home around 5:30-5:45, pick him up from daycare on the days hubby was working (3 days a week) and then come home, make dinner, he'd get a shower while I was making dinner, we'd eat, and it would be ready for him to go to bed which he does around 7-7:30. So, I decided to start working from home doing transcription work. I won't get paid for days off or vacation time, but I can work a strict 8 hours a day and do it at any time of the day I want (so I plan to work 3 hours or so AFTER he goes to bed!). Once he starts school in another month or so, I plan to work the 3 hours that he is in school plus 3-4 hours AFTER he goes to bed, so that only leaves 1-2 hours that I have to squeeze in somewhere else....although my hours will only be 6-8 per day, it all depends on how fast you type, dedication, etc. So, I think it will work out MUCH better....plus I can sleep in and no more getting up at 5:30 in the morning LoL. It IS hard, but I am a) not cut out to be a stay at home mom, I did it for 4 years and HATED it with a mad passion and B) we like having a bigger, nicer house, I enjoy having my own vehicle, we like eating out sometimes, and I enjoy having animals (which seem to be costing us a TON of cash the past year), so me working is definitely a necessity. As the above poster said, you gotta do what you gotta do and I am a HUGE believer in if it has to be done you WILL find a way to do it. If you simply don't have a choice, then you have to find a way to get it done.