What are some reasons?
View Single Post
July 9th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
That you chose to have a home birth?[/b]
- peace and quiet
- the option to waterbirth (not available at our local hospital)
- reduced likelihood of interventions and complications during labour/birth
- freedom to be in control of labour/birth
- not having to argue with hospital staff about my preferences or about the necessity of certain procedures
- no strangers poking or prodding me, no strangers handling my baby
- not having to birth with a spotlight on my private places for everybody to stare at. Wait, that should be reason #1.
- husband got to participate more in the birth
- no distractions during recovery (such as nurses, cleaning staff, meal delivery people popping in and out of my room, overhead announcements, phones, other crying babies)
- did I mention peace and quiet?
- reduced exposure to foreign germs/viruses (for both of us). We're less susceptible to infection from the germs in our own home.
- being home was more conducive to relaxation during labour
- privacy. I really, really, really appreciate my privacy.
View Public Profile
Visit ShawnaCAN's homepage!
Find all posts by ShawnaCAN