View Single Post
July 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You know, it's totally normal to wonder that before you adopt, especially when you already have bio children. I too wondered how I would feel, but to be honest, as soon as I saw my first daughter's picture when we got her referral, I knew I wasn't going to have to worry. I knew she was my daughter from the moment I first laid eyes on her, and when they handed her to me in that hotel room, it was very much like being handed my bio son in the delivery room. Adopting our older daughter (at age 5), was a totally different experience but again, as soon as she walked in the room and called us mommy and daddy, we felt like she had been ours forever. When we look at them now, we don't see them as orphans from China that we adopted, we simply see our daughters.

Going through the adoption process is an emotional, stressful, joyous and miraculous experience, all at once, much like pregnancy. And the end result is the same as well, you are blessed with the child you are meant to have. I wish you the best with your decision and will be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Welcome to the group!

my photog blog / my family blog