View Single Post
July 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Quote:
No, but some pediatrician (not my son's normal one) threated me with it. My son had just gotten out of a body cast after 2 months and the doc was claiming he didn't weigh enough and if I didn't get him to gain x amount of pounds then he was going to report me. Okay, my husband is 5'6 and 125-130lbs, I'm 5'2 and 130, it isn't like either of us are huge people. My son now is 5 1/2 (will be 6 in October) and only weighs 40-45lbs. He eats, he just has a GREAT metabolism and runs around a lot. That doc made me SO mad and it didn't help that my husband had just been deployed to Iraq so I was a basket case anyway. I ended up calling his regular pediatrician (in the same group) and he reamed the other doc a new ***** hole and called me back and told me not to worry about it, everything was fine.[/b]
Wow, I can't believe that. Some doctors can be so arrogant. I am only 5'4 and Garrett's father is 6'9 so he has a big bone structure and his doctor knows that he will be pretty big for his age. Of course his weight is pretty big but instead of threatening to call Social Services they talk to me about ways to improve his diet and that is more important for her.