Topic: Brooklyn
View Single Post
July 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Super Mommy
Don't worry about the name being shortened. If you always call her Brooklyn, so will everyone else. She may shorten it to Brook when she gets into school, but that would be her choice. YOU can still call her Brooklyn. And who knows, if she has always been called Brooklyn, she just may tell people, "I prefer Brooklyn." I have an 8 yr old cousin named Victoria, and whenever the other kids call her Vicky or Tori, she just says, "No, it's Victoria, not Vicky." And it's because she's never been called anything else but Victoria.

My son's initials are PJ, and we had family suggest calling him that. But we told them no, and everyone has respected our wishes, and calls him Parker. Sometimes my niece calls him Parks just for fun, but I don't care. But we have NEVER had anyone try to call him PJ. I think it's just a matter of what people get used to from the beginning.

Just stick to your guns, and tell people it's Brooklyn. If she shortens it to Brook when she gets older, than so be it. Brook is nice too! :>)

Hope that helps. :>)

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005