View Single Post
July 16th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well first of all HI and WELCOME!!!

13 months can be hard to break into bed at that point. it wont be easy, i wont lie to ya!
For me, i started putting my daughter in her crib at 3 months old. And that was the easiest way to
break her from my bed while she was little. Always had a routine, made sure she went to bed at
the same time every night. For a while i had to rock her to sleep and then put her to bed.
When she got closer to a yr old i could just lay her down read a book, turn the lights out and
she would go to sleep on her own. if she woke up in the middle of the night though, it was a struggle
to get her back in there and she would end up in my bed the last 1/2 of the night.
She didnt break that for about 3-4 months, but i eventually got her in her bed all night for good.

It may take some CIO to get him to stay in his own bed in his own room.

The best thing to do is lay him down when hes pretty drowsy and get him to learn how to put hisself to sleep.
If he crys, give him time to comfort hisself and go to sleep before you go in. Try not to talk or make much eye
contact or interaction with him at bedtime after youve put him down. BE CONSISTANT. Try over and over
to get him down. This may take 20 or more times of you going in and getting him calm, laying him back down ..walking out ... repeat....repeat...etc. It will so not be easy. But you CAN do it!!!

Hope that helps some. Im sure there are lots of ppl around here with some good advice. Stick around!