View Single Post
July 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy! Let me just start off by saying homebirths are wonderful and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

We actually found a pediatrician (through our MW) that made home visits for homebirth clients for the first visit. We didn't keep her as our pediatrician (although we've only seen our pedi once and Taylor is 3 and a half months old, I don't see a need unless she is sick and she hasn't been), we just used her for the home visit as an initial check-up. That is the best option, IMO. Your attending MW will do a very thorough examination of the baby after you initiate the breastfeeding, so it isn't absolutely necessary to see a pedi within the first 24 hours if you don't want to.

Is your baby going to have any injections? Is your MW going to come back on the day after the birth? Do you plan on having a chiropractor come to your house for an adjustment on the baby to re-align anything that got misplaced during the birth? Sorry so many questions! I could just give you a better answer with more info.

</MARQUEE>