What are some reasons?
View Single Post
July 16th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sunny AZ!
Oh there are so many, but the main one was that I really wanted a natural birth and quite frankly I think that is close to impossible in most US hospitals.
- I believe pregnancy is a natural condition that MOST women can handle with minimal medical intervention, even during labor and delivery. I do not think that most pregnancies need to be medically managed. Pregnancy is NOT an illness.
- I wanted to be as comfortable as possible during labor - no tubes, no monitors, no beeping machines.
- I wanted to labor and deliver in water.
- I wanted to sleep in my own bed with my baby after giving birth.
- I wanted to eat and drink during labor.
- I did not want internal exams every hour or any other medical procedure (pitocin, cervadil, AROM, etc) to check on labor progress or speed up labor.
I could keep going but my newborn just woke up!
View Public Profile
Visit azchela's homepage!
Find all posts by azchela