View Single Post
August 1st, 2007, 06:35 AM
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Okay, so last Monday I talked to the nurse and she said everything was fine with my bloodwork and at that point I made the decision that I'd probably have a UC, supported by DH and a friend of mine. However, I guess she failed to tell me that it wasn't ALL in, because she called yesterday to tell me that they found a clotting factor mutation and that they want me to inject blood thinners, take high doses of folic acid and plan a hospital birth.

I'm not sure what all of this means. I don't know what factor is mutated. I don't understand why I had other normal pregnancies. I don't know what's in the injections and how any of those ingredients might effect the baby (that's DH's biggest concern at the moment). I had to pull over on the side of the road to cry after I got that phone call, but now I'm feeling a little better. I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to follow this protocol, but I'll know more after my appointment this afternoon.
Charlotte, midwife mama to Samuel and Atley, mourning the loss of our "March Baby"