View Single Post
August 1st, 2007, 06:35 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
Okay, so last Monday I talked to the nurse and she said everything was fine with my bloodwork and at that point I made the decision that I'd probably have a UC, supported by DH and a friend of mine. However, I guess she failed to tell me that it wasn't ALL in, because she called yesterday to tell me that they found a clotting factor mutation and that they want me to inject blood thinners, take high doses of folic acid and plan a hospital birth.

I'm not sure what all of this means. I don't know what factor is mutated. I don't understand why I had other normal pregnancies. I don't know what's in the injections and how any of those ingredients might effect the baby (that's DH's biggest concern at the moment). I had to pull over on the side of the road to cry after I got that phone call, but now I'm feeling a little better. I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to follow this protocol, but I'll know more after my appointment this afternoon.