View Single Post
August 2nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Hi I'm new here and your question about children born with SOD promted me to write. My daughter was born with septo optic dysplasia. She is now 5 years old and getting ready for knidergarten. Alexis has optic nerve hypoplasia in both eyes, but does have some functional vision. She sees shapes, colors. large objects, but does need a cane to navigate new surroundings. She is also growth hormone deficient, cortisol deficient, and thyroid deficient. She has the absent septum pellicidum also characteristic of septo optic dysplasia. She does have some severe developmental delays and does not function an a developmentally normal 5 year old level. She is delayed in all areas, cognitive, gross motor, fine motor, speech, and needs an orientation and mobility instructor to learn how to safely navigate areas. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.[/b]
Thanks for posting! I have been posting on the vision board for a long time and there have only been a handful of moms that have joined with ONH or SOD so it is really nice having you on the board. I feel like I can really relate with you girls even though Brandon's vision is not that bad. I have read a lot about SOD and Brandon has a lot of the characteristics but he doesn't have any midline problesm such as absent septum pellicidum. We had a couple MRIs done to rule this out. I still think that some of his autism symptoms are related.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!