Topic: Hi ladies
View Single Post
August 4th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had three natural water births...the last one being at home and the first two in a freestanding birthcenter. I don't breastfeed, not by choice but because I have a rare condition resulting in primary lactation failure. I DID try to breastfeed my first child which is how we found out that I couldn't ...it resulted in an NICU visit for my son with complete dehydration and I had thought things were going well. Anyhow, I never had it come up that it was required to do so and no one ever mentioned any risks to my own health/safety. My uterus contracted wonderfully on it's own and didn't take any longer than a breastfeeding mother's. I never had any shots of pitocin or anything. Our bodies are unique so there's really no way to say whether or not it would be a problem from one person to the next.

CONGRATS on your pregnancy! Home births are the BEST!!!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~