Topic: how soon...
View Single Post
August 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
Quote:
by then, he will be close to 40, and I don't want to have more kids when he's that old. Just my preference. He doesn't care but I do. I don't like the idea of having our youngest graduate high school and have to worry about their dad passing away when he/she is in their 20's. IMHO thats to young.[/b]
in their 20's?? my dad was 40 the year I was born, and he's still very young.. and I'm in my 20's. lol. Personal pref.. like you said.. but I'm not even remotely worried about my dad passing away, as he won't for a VERY long time. I obviously didn't wait as long as my parents did to have children.. but I think their decision was amazing. I was raised in a VERY financially and emotionally stable family that a younger generation simply could not have provided me. Because of this, I am much more mature and stable myself than other girls my age. But to each her own.. I don't want to have kids at 40.. but I wouldn't rule it out for the age reason alone.

On that note.. I dunno if I will do this again. I'm having a little girl, and I KNOW my husband would die to have a little boy to play football and hunt and rough house.. but there's no garunteeing that.. so we don't know at this point. I think we will be satisfied with one for a VERY long time. (she was.. well.. unplanned.. hence this board). I never really had the desire to have children, but I do love them and I am so excited to be nearing the end of this pregnancy so I can finally hold her..

myspace