View Single Post
August 18th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Super Mommy
<span style="color:#ff00ff">Hello everyone Im new to the board, my name is Naomi, but most of my family and everyone else calls me Na. My husband and I are adopting a baby come November from my Brother and SIL. We are getting anxious and excited to have been given this opportunity to have been asked to adopt this child.

<span style="font-family:Georgia">They came to us and asked us if we would adopt the baby once it was born, they are financially strapped and I myself can not have children. So my brother and sister-in-law, feel it is in the best interest of the child to have us adopt the baby. I have already talked with an attorney and was told we will not be starting any paper work until Sept. and since they picked us it has a cross over between a private and relation/kinship adoption and we will be waiving a few of the things such as the home study I know different states have different laws on these types of adoptions and here in Iowa it is optional. Basically what will happen is after 72 hours of birth my brother and sister-in-law will sign parental termination papers and then our adoption petition will go though.

I have been taking my SIL to all her doctor appointment minus one that unforeseen circumstances kept me from doing so. I feel blessed to have been given the chance to be there through all this, words will and can never express to me how moved and touched I was and still am to have had them help me make a dream come true. See I can not physically have a child of my own and my hearts biggest desire and dream was and has always been to be a mother.

Thought I should also add that I am 38 at least I am till October, and my husband is 57. Our attorney has told us that due to the fact my Brother and SIL asked us to adopt this will be a crossover between a private adoption and a relative/kinship adoption, so some of the laws for our state dealing with adoptions can and will be waived. I have to set up a appointment next month to start working on the paper work for the adoption. That being said I'll close for now.

</span></span>