View Single Post
August 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, everyone! Just a quick intro since I'm new to JMs and definitely want to spend some time on this board... I'm Kristin, wife to Gene, mommy to Rachael, and expecting our second little girl, Amelia, in late November. I had a pretty typical hospital birth with Rachael - Pitocin, epidural, etc. - I just didn't know the options then, past what the OB told me was "normal", and went along with it. I definitely plan for things to go differently this time!

I started training to be a birth doula after Rachael's arrival, and I'm certainly better informed now - much more comfortable with my body's ability to birth without intervention. We're planning a midwife-assisted homebirth this time, probably in water. Just hoping and praying that all continues to go well and that plan doesn't get messed up.

I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about birthing naturally - it's just "not done" where I live, I get VERY little support of my plans and tons of horror stories when I admit that I'll be having my baby at home. But, I've just added the postpartum "told you so" factor to my list of benefits of a natural birth, and am continuing to prepare mentally/emotionally for it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all on this board!