Topic: Baby Shower?
View Single Post
August 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
Is it wrong for me to want to have a baby shower for the baby once the adoption is finalized? I've got a few family members that I'm sure won't come, and my S.I.L. and brother that are letting my DH and myself adopt the child I don't think would come. I would totally understand that, I wouldn't want to do anything to hurt them or offend them, I realise this isn't going to be easy on either of them. And they are going to need some time to deal with it. I just was wondering if I'm being selfish in wanting to have a baby shower for the baby. The due dat is in Nov., and we'll be flying to South Carolina for Chirstmas so my husband can see his daughter, son-in-law and two grand children which he hasn't seen in three years. So I was thinking sometime after we got back from our trip would be the best time to have one. Was also wondering if it would be wrong of me to be the one throwing it since it more or less seems no one else in my family has even mentioned having one for us.