View Single Post
August 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All my prenatal appt's were pretty much the same...lotsa talkin'...LOVE THAT PART, midwife feels baby from the OUTSIDE (I've never had internals at any point in prenatals or during labor), she listens for heart beat with doppler (if it's time to be hearing one), checks mommas blood pressure, urine dipstick...and I think that's all. The first prenatal they'll probably give you a notebook or something similar with all the tests/etc. offered to mommas and explanations of each one so that you can read and make an educated decision about which, if ANY, you decide to do when the time comes. You'll have to sign some here in WA saying that you read and refused, if in fact you refuse it. I didn't do any of the testing EXCEPT GD because I was borderline with my last two. Anyhow...it's all very friendly talky talky time usually for every appt. I always looked forward to all of mine and became quite bonded to my midwife in the process. I think of her more like a friend...
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~