View Single Post
September 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Does anyone know if cystic ovaries causes cramps (although my cramping is in my medial lower abdomen, and I imagine ovarian pain would come from one side???)? My mother had to have an ovariectomy at a relatively young age for this reason.[/b]
Yes they do. I had a cyst in my right ovary. Don't know how long it was there. I never got pregnant for 8yrs, hes been tested and hes fertile and I assumed I was infertile. Sometimes after sex, I would severe cramps all accross my uterus afterwards. The pain would die down after awhile. Last march, the pain was unbearable, called an ambulance the pain was so bad, I was even puking. Turned out I had a cyst the size of a golf ball in my right ovary that was full of blood and it burst on me. The pain then was on the right side unlike before. With the internal exam and u/s, I could not stop myself from crying it hurt so bad. I had a surgery done the next day to remove it. I had a coloscopy (sp?) done a couple weeks later, bled of course afterwards and didnt know if it was my period or just bleeding from my cervix. A couple weeks after that, I saw the dr that did my surgery again for the follow up, and he told me I was infertile. Well, four days later, I got pregnant!! All's I can figure is that I was "lucky" from never getting pregnant with my left ovary and the cyst blocked my eggs from coming out on the right side