View Single Post
September 10th, 2007, 10:55 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Hey girls! It has been awhile since I posted here. I didn't run away...just we aren't really doing school right now (not officially anyway). We enrolled Scotty in a preschool at a church here. He goes MWF half a day. He likes the social interaction and I like the little break in the mornings a few days a week.

Here is my issue. He is really smart and picks up well on things. He is happy and makes friends easily. BUT his teacher makes a BIG DEAL because he HATES to color and won't do it. I have tried telling him that if he wants to go to church preschool, then he needs to color, but I feel so stupid saying that! I could care less if he colors. He knows his colors. He can hold his pencil correctly. He just gets lazy! He did it to me too, but I figured it was because I was mom. Apparently not!

Anyone have any suggestions on getting him to color at church preschool? Or even getting him to finish a sheet of A's when he starts writing them?

My issues is that I don't see the point. But his teacher seems to think that he MUST learn to color to succeed in life. What do you all think?