Platinum Supermommy
Baby name: Makenna Hope Rose
Baby birth date: September 3, 2007
Time of birth: 8:26am
Weight: 7.3lbs
Length: 20 1/4
Type of delivery: Vaginal
Early/Late: 9 days late
Other information about pregnancy/labour/delivery: After TTC for 7yrs, and having 3 losses in a 9 month span last year we were thrilled to find out 4 days before Christmas that I was pg. It was an awesome pregnancy withzero symptoms and I felt awesome. My due date came and went though and the week I was overdue I was so anxious to have her. Two days before I had her I woke up and felt different. I could hardly get out of bed, the lower pelvic pressure was intense and made it hard to walk. 2 days later I was having contractions all day that were 4-6min apart, but I couldn't feel any pain. I just felt tightening and didn't want to go to the hospital and get sent home, so DH & I decided we would go shopping for a few items. Well, my water broke in the Walmart parking lot of all places at 4:30pm! When I arrived at the hospital at 5:30pm I was 3-4cm's, and the contractions weren't bad at all. There was meconium in my water so I was closely monitored throughout my labour. I laboured until 12am on my own, and then asked for my epidural. It didn't really take and after 4 top ups I had an hour of relief, but then laboured a hard labour for 3hrs (from 5-7cm's) until I could get another epidural. At 3am I was 7cm and by 5:45am I was 10cm and complete. Instead of pushing though I asked if I could sleep for a bit since I couldn't feel the urge to push. I slept for 2hrs and started to push at 7:50am when I felt the urge. 6 contractions later she was born. I only had a 1st degree tear and I'm healing pretty well. I honestly believe that resting for those couple of hours before pushin allowed her to come down on her own without force, helping me to avoid any tears that involved muscle or an episiotomy. All in all it was a wonderful labour and delivery What a way to end a fabulous pregnancy!
Date & gestation of past losses: Oct 05 6wks; May 06 11wks; July 06 6wks