Topic: My turn
View Single Post
September 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Totalimmortal
Believe me, I did all of that.

I don't believe in abortion for myself, so that never did occur to me. BUT! You are pregnant and you're just now realizing it. So give it time, let it sink in, and I swear to you that if you choose to keep this baby you will love it forever. I'm 4 months along, I've had all of the exams, bloodwork, everything, but nothing compares to how you feel when you first hear its heartbeat and see it on the screen.

I was 17 when I found out, just got engaged, my fiance was off to a major college (the one of his dreams, mind you), and I was going to be completely alone. We actually broke up for a few days because of it. We were so upset, throwing our lives away, whatever. He's now in community college, I'm still working, going to high school, and he works at Spencer's. We're going to get an apartment together soon and try to make all of this work. We love that little baby SOOO much. You have no idea... yet. When this happeneds, you just make it work.

It's not perfect or 'ideal' and I couldn't care less about what people think of me. I was in an exclusive relationship with the guy I love for a year and half, and they can't make me feel bad about myself or my child. Jesse gave up all of his plans to stay with us. You just have to give the guy time to come around. He comes to all of my appointments and talks to my belly on the phone every night.

Don't let your family influence you to do something again that you are already regretting and feeling terrible about. If you do it, do it for yourself. Because nothing will bring it back once it's gone and you're the one who has to deal with that. Besides the physical affect it has on your body, sometimes the women become sterile from the scar tissue/trauma on your uterus.

Good luck in your decision. I hope it gets easier for you and you stick around either way. Lots of love.

Melanie.

Oh yes, I forgot. There's always the Recovering From An Abortion Loss. There's a lot of girls on there and they're very nice.