View Single Post
September 11th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Suzie
I had been in labor for 3 1/2 weeks and was ready for this little guy to come out. I had a scheduled C-section but it seemed like nothing was going as planned. They already knew he was gonna be a big boy but they didn't know what they were in for. I finally went in for the surgery about 9:45 am after waiting in the pre-op room for over 2 hours. Things were going great until they were ready to get Dakota out. He was stuck!!!! As much as I wanted him out he didn't want to come out. They ended up having to use 2 doctors 2 nurses and a vaccuum to get him out. Finally he was born at 10:32 am. He was 10 lbs 11 oz and 22 inches long. His head was 15 1/2 inches. That was why he was stuck! After I got out of recovery and was finally able to see my little man the doctor came in to tell us that his collarbone was broken from all the tugging and he had a heart murmur. I of course was heart broken even though I knew those things weren't all that bad. But come to find out his collar bone was never broken. So that made things a little better. And now I am sitting here with a happy healthy almost 4 month old baby boy!