Topic: My turn
View Single Post
September 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Regular
You have been blessed with a baby. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son was an accident. He was not a "mistake". My bf and I had been together for 3 1/2 years and arguing when I found out I was PG. We weren't married and my family had told me for years that it would be a disgrace if I had a baby without being married. I didn't have a 4 door car. We lived (and still do) in a trailer that was made in 1981 and fell apart years before we bought it. I was only working part-time and wasn't making enough to pay the bills and didn't have enough to foot a hospital bill even though I had health insurance. We got married when I was 6 month PG and I took a teaching job at 7 months PG. We are still looking for a house we can afford and land that he likes. (The combination of land and house is what gets us b/c we won't compromise but anyways) We are still driving my 2 door car b/c its paid for and to me there's no point in having a car payment before we have another baby and a house.

So anyway, the long and the short of it is that things do work out and just stressing because things aren't "perfect" in your life yet so you can't have a baby is bad. Your baby will love you and you will love it regardless of what your parents think, your friends, your bf, your house, your car or your education level. My son doesn't care about anything except "Is he loved?" He's 2 almost, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me. If we had aborted, which at one point I asked (b/c my DH was explaining all the bad and so I offered even though I would have told him no and left him), I would never have met my son and I cannot imagine life without my munchkin. When I'm having a bad day, his smiles, laughs, and kisses always brighten my day.

Also, my pregnancy led to my marriage, which led to a family reunion, which meant that all of my dad's side of the family came together for the first time in 28 years. Four months later my Papa died. If I hadn't been pg, I wouldn't have gotten together with family I hadn't seen in 10 years, and all of us wouldn't have the memory of us all spending time together somewhere other than the hospital and hospice waiting on Papa to die. He was able to hold his first great-grand for the first 6 weeks of his life before dying. I didn't even know my Papa was sick when I was in my first tri-mester.

I know this is lots of personal information but if it helps great. Good luck and best wishes with whatever you decide.