Topic: My turn
View Single Post
September 12th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I'm just torn because there's a lot of things we've been planning to do in the near future. We're big into cars and we each have our own project car that we're working on and building up. Bf said we'll have to put them away and not touch them for a few years. Not to sound selfish or whatever but it's been my dream since I was a little kid. Then there's the issue of his family. I can't even begin to describe how annoyingly ridiculous and judgmental they are. Bf and I are engaged, I just don't have the official ring yet and we haven't told families yet. So if we spring that on them and then a few weeks later spring a baby on them...they're going to flip. And naturally think that's the reason we got engaged and blame me and say it's my fault and that he got trapped into marrying me, blah blah blah.... I don't want to live my life with that and having to deal with that. And it's not like we can just shut out the family cuz they're there all the time, everyone is everyone else's business, if you tell one person something, within minutes the entire rest of the family knows. Some days I don't even think I want to bring a kid into that crap. I'd like to move out of the country so we don't have to be around them. So obviously we have a lot of talking to do to figure this out.