Topic: My turn
View Single Post
September 12th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^ Your story sounds so similar to mine, I didnt want a baby right now either. We are trying to get our lives in order, ie financially and career wise. That takes time and money, paying off debts and coming up with more money to go to school and eventually get new jobs and money saved up and own a house and have one of his cars, his baby, back on the road. We're not struggling as in our bills are paid on time, we have everything we need and a savings thats very slowly growing, but its not like we can out for a weekend vacation or anything. BUT things happen. I'm fine waiting to go to school for a few years if I have to, and even tho hes depressed watching his car just sit there and not having much work done to it, cause thats one of his dreams too, same as building his own house, hes willing to wait to be a dad. Thats his biggest dream ever. Sacrifices sometimes have to be made. Will be worth it in the long run. I keep telling myself that everyday. Everything takes time.

Don't let family pressure you into getting married. Thats one of the biggest decisions you will ever make, do it when YOU are ready. A relationship is TWO people, NOT two people and the family. Family and friends are of course allowed to give their opinions, but not allowed to have control whatsoever. His family is meddling too and feel they have the right to control his life. We don't stand for it. We don't control their lives, they can't control ours. One reason why we live 5 hours away. If we ever decide to get married, it will be on our terms, not theirs. My parents try to guilt us into marriage. We don't guilt easy. Besides, I don't want to get married while I'm fat!! lol