View Single Post
September 19th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I had our first child in 2004 with no problems. It did take us 7 months to get pregnant with her, but no problems before that or during.

We waited two years before we tried for our second, in 2006. We used an ovulation kit this time around and got pregnant on the first try. We were completely ecstatic that Rachel would finally have that little brother or sister. I wasn't sick, had no cramps, and was feeling great. All of our doctor's appointments went well. We saw a heartbeat at 8 weeks and the nurse said everything was looking good and on track. I had no reason to expect a miscarriage because we never had problems before. When I was just at 10 weeks, I started having cramping that felt like I was starting my period. I was teaching lessons and had to wait till I got home to find that I was bleeding when I wiped. That was on a Thursday. I went to the ER on Thursday night. They couldn't really tell me anything. They sent me to my doctor on Friday who tested my HCG levels. I definately lost the baby Saturday afternoon. I felt it pass and it was horrible. I went back in on Monday for another HCG test to confirm my levels had dropped. They had. This was one week before Thanksgiving. I was devastated and didn't want to try again.

We waited almost a whole year to start trying again. I am now 7 weeks pregnant and I am scared every day that this will be the day I miscarry again. I've been incredibly nauseous and I've had cramping on and off for almost 2 weeks now with no spotting or bleeding. I have no idea if this is normal, but I'm very scared. I'm almost 30 and I'm overweight. I feel like if this one doesn't work, I can't do anymore. We already have one healthy daughter and I'm happy for that.