Topic: question
View Single Post
September 23rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Pregnancy is possible, but very unlikely. Those all sound like symptoms related to Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. It's very difficult to ligate the fallopian tubes without damaging the blood supply to the ovaries. Without adequate blood supply, the ovaries shrivel up and can't perform all the important hormonal work that they need to do. The result is hormonal chaos with a wide variety of symptoms, some of which are very similar to pregnancy or menopause. Common signs of PTLS are: heavy irregular bleeding, persistent spotting, painful periods, absent periods, hot flashes, weight gain, breast tenderness, depression, moodiness, etc. etc. etc.
www.tubal.org[/b]
Thanks for posting this...I am definitely looking into it because I have ALL of the above symptoms. Just as an update, AF finally came this morning however, this in one of the most painful periods I have ever had. Since you sound like you know your stuff, is there a treatment for an unbearably painful period?? Can the DR do something for me? Mine have been increasingly painful for the past year and I have seriously been considering asking the DR for a hysterectomy!!!

Loving wife to Chad and proud Mama to Cole (8), Aubrey (7) and Gracie (3)