Topic: question
View Single Post
September 23rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for posting this...I am definitely looking into it because I have ALL of the above symptoms. Just as an update, AF finally came this morning however, this in one of the most painful periods I have ever had. Since you sound like you know your stuff, is there a treatment for an unbearably painful period?? Can the DR do something for me? Mine have been increasingly painful for the past year and I have seriously been considering asking the DR for a hysterectomy!!![/b]
Oh that's just because I teach the Billings Ovulation Method IRL since I "retired" from nursing to be a SAHM. I come across this stuff a lot (some clients have had reversals due to the unbearable side effects they experienced and come to learn to avoid pregnancy via NFP).

The treatment options are usually:
1. Oral contraceptives to try to cover up the hormone deficiencies and manage bleeding. This is sometimes effective, sometimes not.
2. Reversal (restoring the blood flow to the ovaries usually helps them heal and regulate things once again, so less pain/less bleeding).
3. Hysterectomy (can include instant menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy if your ovaries are not in good enough condition to leave).
4. Endometrial Ablation - burning the inside of the uterus to reduce bleeding. Doesn't always work and the woman still winds up with a hysterectomy anyway. Doesn't do anything about the other hormonal symptoms (hot flashes, weight gain, depression) - just the bleeding.