View Single Post
October 15th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Platinum Super Mommy
oh man, I didn't realize it didn't go through, thats a bummer. LOL

Basically I was asking about whether or not your children were present (or in the house) during your homebirth. I'm concerned about having my two little ones there, Lily will be almost 4 and Julia will be 21 months. I do want them there, but I also don't want to feel like I have to take care of them while I labor, KWIM?

A bit of background, when I was in labor with Julia, whenever I was around Lily and taking care of her, my labor would stall and my contractions would go away, its like my body knew that I couldn't concentrate and put effort into being in labor while I made her lunch or played with her, or put her to bed. It was weird, and I'm not sure if anyone else would really understand.

I want my children there because I'd hate for them to leave and then come back and find mommy with a baby, I also don't want visitors right after, and I know that someone bringing my kids back to me, would mean unwanted visitors after the birth.

So I guess I'm just asking whether or not you would plan on having your small toddlers present at the birth, or whatnot.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!