View Single Post
October 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I struggled with this decision myself - Rachael will be just a few months shy of four when this baby comes, and I think she'd *probably* be okay if she were home with us - with a little explaining beforehand, of course. On the other hand, she's a very sensitive girl and I can't help feeling like her seeing me in pain (or her perceiving it as worse than it is, maybe) wouldn't be a good thing for her.

And on a more selfish note...my little girl talks NON-STOP. I swear, she never takes a breath from the minute she wakes up till the minute she goes back to sleep. I have so very little patience with the incessant chatter sometimes already, that I just know it would drive me absolutely crazy during labor.

The way our house is laid out, there really isn't anywhere that someone could come and stay with her and still allow me to move through the house without being noticed so much...so we've asked the in-laws to come and get her when things start picking up. Of course, that leads to this:

Quote:
I also don't want visitors right after, and I know that someone bringing my kids back to me, would mean unwanted visitors after the birth.[/b]
I feel the EXACT same way, and my only issue with our decision is that it means they'll be here to bring Rachael home very shortly after Amelia arrives. So will my mom. *sigh* But, I'm just going to have to deal with those - and I fully intend to be IN bed, and IN my pajamas, so hopefully they'll either take the hint, or DH and/or the midwives will run them off pretty quickly.

It's such a personal decision - so many things to influence it - and I really don't think there's a right or wrong way to go on this one. Whatever works best for you and your kids is the way to go!