Topic: Excited x 4 !
View Single Post
October 19th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's been a big day here, as far as our upcoming birth is concerned. First, our birth pool was waiting on the porch when we got back from the grocery store this morning (yay!) Not too long after, FedEx showed up with the birth kit. No one should be so happy digging through a box of underpads and cord clamps!

DH finally started cleaning out the baby's room tonight...well, the baby's stuff's room, as she'll be sleeping with us for a good long while. But you know what I mean - it's progress toward a place for all of her things, anyway. And it's about time, at 34.5 weeks.

And last but not least...I got a great email from my midwife tonight. Turns out that our senior midwife - the one I mentioned stressing me out in my 34 week appointment post - has decided to take a break from midwifery to focus on some personal/family things. She's still willing to attend our birth if we want, but she's equally willing to let a different senior midwife step in - one that my main midwife seems to like better, think is more laid back, and thinks will be a better match for us. Needless to say, I'm very excited to meet her - even if it means changing senior midwives this late in the game. I've been so worried about the old one stressing me out during labor...maybe that won't be the case with someone different.

So yeah...all in all, a very good, very exciting day - just had to share with people who would understand!