View Single Post
October 21st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
-How long did it take to set up? We had the pool blown up several days in advance (to test for holes and to save time). Filling it took about 15 minutes.

-When did you decide to get in the water?
When I was beyond being uncomfortable, but in real pain and needed some relief.

-If you didn't have a heater, was it a PITA to keep the water warm? No. My husband attached a garden hose to the hot water outlet that feeds our washing machine. He also attached a spray nozzle to the end of the hose, so it was always turned on but didn't release any water until I squeezed it. Whenever the water felt too cool or when I was having a contraction, I could squeeze it for some more hot water. I start out with the pool a little over half full, because then there's lots of room for me to keep adding hot water. He had it all set up several days in advance, the hose was in the basement all ready to be hooked up when the time came.

-What position did you give birth in? With my first waterbirth (3rd child) was semi reclined, sitting on my hands with my bottom kind of floating. With my second waterbirth, I was on my hands and knees.

-How long did you stay in the water afterwards? With my first waterbirth, I stayed until after I delivered the placenta (20 minutes maybe?) With my second, I only stayed about 10 minutes. The water was really starting to cool down and I wanted to get out of all the gunk, so I waddled to the shower and delivered the placenta there.